Cities, counties and states – water district and school districts – have infrastructure projects waiting to be greenlighted. While in the past, they would be built with a heavy assist from federal coffers, those days appear over. What new approaches to finance – and what new uses of technology – can get infrastructure up and running in today’s world?
Moderator Martin Rosenberg, content leader for energy for London-based Informa and co-host Dominic Thasarathar, Autodesk strategist and thought leaders for construction and infrastructure, kicked off the discussion with six questions exploring key factors that will shape the future of major infrastructure endeavors in America.
The discussion centered on these issues:
- Making projects more bankable by reducing risk in the construction phase
- Unlocking new forms of capital and alternative finance
- Overcoming challenges of infrastructure construction
- Better understanding tomorrow’s infrastructure needs
- The role and skillset of tomorrow’s infrastructure community
- The future balance of risk and reward for infrastructure
Click here to download the conclusion of a dozen experts brought together under the aegis of Icons of Infrastructure during a three hour exploration of the future of American infrastructure held in Washington in late July. (pdf report)